Norlite is a 99 bed skilled Nursing and Rehab facility. The Nursing Department recognizes how difficult it can be for you or your loved ones to enter a Nursing Facility. If you ever have any questions or suggestions regarding the care given here, please feel free to contact the Director of Nursing immediately.
Norlite Staff - Our Care System
Many staff members are involved in the daily care of our residents. Our goal is to achieve a home-like atmosphere, while simultaneously maintaining the highest standards of medical care for you or your loved ones. Our many-faceted system of daily care includes:
- Administrator, Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing
- Nursing staff consisting of RN's and LPN's. These nurses are assigned to each of Norlite's four wings and responsible for administering medications, treatments, assessments, and notification to the physician of any changes in the Residents' condition.
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA's) are direct care-givers who are responsible for seeing to the Resident's daily needs related to bathing, dressing, eating and personal care.
- Rehabilitation Nursing Department consists of nurses, CNA's, and LPN's. They focus primarily on wound and skin care, nail care and they also assist with special exercise programs.
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy Departments evaluate and treat all residents referred here for specific treatments. Residents are seen Monday through Friday by certified therapists.
- Social Work is responsible for coordinating admissions, giving facility tours and meeting with potential residents and their families to answer any questions.
- Activities Department is responsible for evaluating residents' preferences for planned events both within and outside of the facility. They arrange for Church Services, pastoral visits, musicians, therapy animals, volunteer visitors and social events within the facility and also plan outside events of interest such as the circus, Willow Farm, a pastie picnic at Presque Isle, etc. Marq-Tran bus is very accomodating to our residents for such outings.
- Maintenance Staff is in-house seven days a week during the day, and on-call at night.
- Dietary Staff prepares menus a month in advance and Resident diets are reviewed regularly by a Registered Dietician. All meals are prepared fresh, offering a main selection and a substitute, if preferred. Any and all special requests are welcome, provided the food item is within the Residents' prescribed diet. If you would like to join your family member for any meal of the day, you may purchase meal tickets at the Front Office.
- Multi-disciplinary Care conferences are held every three months for our residents. You will be notified by mail of the date and time. Contact the Care Conference Coordinator.
- Our beautician comes to the facility every Tuesday and Thursday. Hair appointments can be arranged at the Front Office.
U.P. Rehab Services
U.P. Rehab Services is the rehabilitation leader across the Upper Peninsula in Physical, Occupational, Aquatic, and Speech Therapy.